Last night (22nd May) at Manchester Arena a nail bomb exploded amid thousands of Ariana Grande fans, most of whom were under 18. The concert was part of Ariana Grande’s ‘Dangerous Woman’ Tour which kicked off in Stockholm on May 8th and will end on June 17th in Italy.
Although the attack had nothing to do with Grande, many have condemned her for not speaking out sooner.
What Happened To Ariana Grande At Manchester Explosion? Singer Remains Quiet As Deaths Are Confirmed https://t.co/hEqmpZthsS
— Wooden Portland (@WoodenPortland) May 23, 2017
There could be any number of reasons she didn’t speak out immediately; including her being shaken and rushed to safety herself!
The bombing has left everyone shaken as it was clearly a targeted attack on children. However, no facts have yet emerged regarding those responsible. As of now, the current death toll is 22 with 59 reported injured. Our hearts and prayers go out to everyone affected but this heinous act.
Other countries have now considered stepping up their security in reaction to this and the previous attacks in Orlando in 2016 and Turkey earlier this year. The organisers of the Britney Spears concerts in Singapore this June have advised that they are considering new measures while The Melbourne Cricket Ground, Australia’s biggest sports arena, said it was reviewing procedures.
Hong Kong’s AsiaWorld Expo, where Ariana Grande is due to hold a concert in September says it plans to introduce dog searches for any suspicious items.
London Mayor Sadiq Khan said more police had been ordered onto the streets of the British capital today amid the SEVERE threat level.
We urge you all to be vigilant at large-scale, busy events this summer. Let people know where you are and where you will be. Keep tabs on friends and loved ones. Most of all, stay safe!